My last Open House - for a while . . .


print by Cath Bristow 

Some of you may know I open my house twice a year as part of the Brighton Open Houses in May and November/December. It has been great fun turning my house in to a temporary gallery and a great chance to catch up with friends and ex students because I can be guaranteed to be 'at home'. However, my life seems to galloping along even faster than ever and something has to give - so I have decided to have a break from the Open Houses for a while. 

 
 Textile Garden by Sylvia Lynton

 For our last exhibition we will have wonderful mix of talent as you will see from theses images, more can be found on our website one2six which should be updated by the end of this week - I haven't been able to get the updates ready for the ever patient and very wonderful Jayne to put onto the website, there is just too much going on. We are open for 4 weekends, November 20, 21 - 27, 28 and December 4,5 - 11, 12  from 10am to 6pm.


 
 Raku ceramics by Ember Vincent

 As well as what you can see here there will be beautiful knitted hats, gloves, scarves, slippers and tiny teddies - loads of beautiful corsages, stunning nuno felted scarves, beautiful boxes and turned wood, greetings cards  . . . . . .  and if I ever get organised - some crazy Christmas stockings.


 Jewellery by Cicada

There are directions of how to find us on the website one2six. Do come and discover the delights of our Open House, you are sure of a warm welcome with plenty of cake, cheese scones and mince pies to keep your energy levels up as you wander around my rather strange 'upside down' house.

 
Glass by Jose Heasman


felt by Jayne Routely


  I am leaving on Wednesday to torture teachers at the Design and Technology Show at the NEC Birmingham. This show is only for educational professionals so any textile, art or D and T teachers reading this - this show is for you. I will have a big stand with a heat transfer press and die cutting equipment to show teachers how they might like use some of the more extreme textile techniques in their teaching. I am hoping I might have time to run up a few Christmas stockings while I am there. 

Whilst I am very lucky to be living the varied life that I do, there are always times when big events come along together and it is a NIGHTMARE trying to be in two places at once and trying to get everything done on time. Can you hear the rising panic in my voice? I am so lucky to have some very good friends and colleagues. I know there are many of you out there who know what I mean, we never think we will quite make it - but we always do - JUST!!!


Welcome to my new followers - it's good to know someone is reading this  . . . . . . I enjoy reading your comments and answering emails - so whether you are one of my followers, or not - don't be afraid to get in touch by email or by leaving a comment. I know I am busy but I do love this blogging malarky and do try to make time for it. 
Keep in touch, x



Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016