The Festival of Quilts 11 -14 August NEC Birmingham Stand E50

The Craftynotions stand

I am off to the NEC this morning with all my books to sell and all my demonstrating kit . . . .  I hope my poor old Volvo will move - the boxes of books are VERY heavy!!
Sarah Lawrence of Craftynotions has very kindly extended her stand so I can sell my books and have a presence at the show. I couldn't afford my own stand this year. In return for this very generous gesture I will be demonstrating some of the techniques in my new book, including layering newspaper with painted Bondaweb, decorating boxes made from heavy iron-on interfacing and distressing Vilene Spunbond. (poor Vilene Spunbond).

 painted Bondaweb decorated with heat transfer foil, skeleton leaves and glitter

Signed copies book will be £18 (RRP 19.99)

So - if you are coming to the show do come and say Hello!!!! It's always good to meet my readers and customers, email is a wonderful way of communication, but no substitute for the real thing!!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing Viv and Kevin and the team from Art Van Go and the girls from the valleys - Fi and Karen from Ario . . . . .   Yeehaa!!!! When I was teaching in Australia last year I was lucky enough to be teaching with Dorothy Caldwell. Dorothy has her own exhibition with in the show and it will be wonderful to see her again. We will be teaching together again in Aus next year. We are going to have a GREAT show! Hopefully see you there . . . .

x


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016