The Alhambra


Well I got there - and was totally overwhelmed! Brenda had booked tickets for 9am- 2pm so we stayed in Granada overnight to be there in time - if you miss your allotted time, you don't get in. It was FREEZING that time in the morning with frost on the cars. We had planned to start with the Nasrid Palaces and then explore further. However, I was so blown away by the whole astounding experience, the Nasrid Palaces were all I could take in. I will just have to go back . .  again . . .  and again . . .  . . .  and  . .  again!!!! I will just load the images - they don't need words to describe them. Not being able to use flash I couldn't get a lot of the shots I wanted, But I am very happy with the several hundred I took. Here is a selection -





















 . . . . so, you can see, I have enough inspiration to last for the rest of my life. Truly wonderful . . . . .

x

Comments

  1. I want one of the following....

    1) a ticket to come with you next time you go

    2) a cd with "several hundred" photos on it


    Hope you had a wonderful time! x Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do my best my lovely - remind me nearer the show . . x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the Alhambra, but The Alcázar of Seville was the place that I walked into and cried, it was so beautiful. It isn't as well known and we didn't have to book to go in, we could even find quiet corners with no-one around. I think you would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Wendy,I will add that to my list!!! I just wish time could expand to accommodate the ever growing list of places I NEED to see.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016