Gorgeous Geelong!

Beach beauties

Well I have finished my first teaching session - a 2 day workshop for the Embroiderers Guild, Victoria - Geelong Branch. We had great fun and got a lot of work done. The group were very helpful and so organised - they were a joy to work with. Geelong is the second largest city in the state of Victoria after Melbourne and is an hours drive from Melbourne.


These bollards are a feature of the Eastern beach and are quite wonderful. There are over 100 in several groups depicting various aspects of Geelong life
and many local dignitaries. for more images go to bollards

 All the yachts lined up at the yacht club
 
 The beautiful old seafarers mission is now a restaurant
 
x

We had a fast paced workshop, I wanted to makes sure I showed as many of my techniques as possible - I am not here often!!!! The ladies coped well - even when I announced we would have exercises after lunch - they were game bunch. We worked through Tyvek, painted Bondaweb, decorated newspaper, newspaper faux chenille and using the soldering iron to cut and apply Spunbond. Here are a few of the images I took -

Painted Bondaweb decorated with foils and all manner of sparkly bits -


 

 

 This is the lovely Geelong group hard at work -
 

Spunbond, backed with Bondaweb cut with a soldering iron and then ironed to a background
 
 

  . . . and of course we couldn't miss out the torn newspaper with painted Bondaweb

 

I have been SO well looked after by Gillian and Tony they have been wonderful hosts, it is my last day in Geelong and we are of to a family barbeque at the beach house . . . . . 

more later . . .  

x


Comments

  1. Wow - those beach bollards are great - reckon you could slip one in your luggage when you come back?
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello baby,
      Even though my suitcase is HUGE (and very heavy) - there is no way they would fit in. They are great fun! x x x x

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're enjoying yourself!

    We got back from our little sojourn in France yesterday, and I'm already back in the workshop getting stuck in. Had a great time, and loads of photos taken.

    Hope the shingles thing is over by now...

    x Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey gorgeous,
      Glad you had a good time and that you are 'back in the saddle'. The neuralgie is still pretty bad but the drugs are great - as long as I remember to take them. All is well and have got to grips with the time change now. Don't work too hard, x x x

      Delete
  3. Thankyou once again for fitting us into your schedule Kim, we had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, it was great to meet you all. You are a FAB group - great fun!
      I had a really good two days, well done on producing some fabulous work. keep in touch, x x x

      Delete
  4. Kim, I am SO envious. My daughter, son-in-law and my four grandchildren moved to Geelong just 4 weeks ago! The workshops look absolutely fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am very envious too Kay.
      Geelong is a FABULOUS place - very beautiful. I should save your pennies and get over there soon - although they are going into autumn now . . .
      I hope you enjoy it when you manage to get there and that your family settle in well.
      x x x x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016