Time to dream . . . and play!

 Iron-on interfacing colourwashed blue. This was then foiled all over with silver transfer foil and printed onto with one of my favourite wooden printing blocks. This can be done with the heavy pelmet Vilene (S133) if you want to make a box, or the softer Decovil 1 or Decovil light to make book covers or bags - gorgeous. I sell all three - www.nid-noi.com

 Painted Bondaweb layered with torn newspaper, dot jewels and glitter.

 I have a few weeks of calm looming - to write the book and start a new body of work. I am also making up some layered newspaper samples to have laser cut to my own designs to start making my new range of brooches and earrings. I love it when there is room in your brain for ideas to start slinking in.
This tends to need time and space - all of which I have for while. I have plenty of things to catch up with, but there should also be time for play. 
As most of you will know I think it is vital for any artist to play with their materials - it can lead to so many exciting developments, but this does need time. I have been having great fun making several samples similar to the one at the top of this post.

It is interesting how patterns and connections occur in our lives, a student on one of my Foredown Tower courses has a laser cutting business and is going to help me magically transfer my designs onto her computer where they can then be transferred to a laser cutter and my designs are then cut - it is a magical process I find best left to the experts. I can just about manage to use Photoshop to lighten or darken images and change the size.
 
A detail of the image above.

I love printing onto the decorated papers, they make fabulous backgrounds.

Both wooden printing blocks are from - theindianblockcompany.com

Foredown Tower Workshops
My Foredown Tower weekend workshops are filling up fast so if you wanted to book on to any I would do so soonish, even the ones next year are half full already. Creating Original Designs on October 20/21 and Making Printing Blocks November 17/18 link together or can be booked separately. These are important workshops for anyone interested in generating their own designs.

As a thank you to all my followers - if any one wants to book and pay for 3 Foredown Tower workshops they can do so and pay £250. The workshops are usually £95 for a two day workshop so that saves you £35. Go to kimsworkshops.com
for a booking form - if the booking form wont submit (it only seems to work on certain browsers GGGrrrrr!) Just send me an email with your name, address and phone number and which workshops you want to book onto.


I'm off to bake a cake and experiment with a printing process I have been wanting try for while, through my ink jet! If it works I will let you know  . . .

x

Hello Jill and Christine. x

Comments

  1. Hi darling, hope it was a big yummy cake with lots of butter cream! We're just back from a pub lunch & I'm snoozing in my deckchair in the sunshine. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of butter cream my angel - ready for tea with the family tomorrow, in the meantime I'm just getting ready toleave to see a certain gentleman in the Portsmouth area!
      Have a lovely doze zz zzzz zzzze - you deserve it after such a hard week - love you. x x x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016