Experimental Textiles 5. 2nd session- Making Printing Blocks. IDC 23rd & 24th July

  
A fab print on the inside of an envelope. 

The second session of ExTex 5 saw the group making printing blocks from the designs they generated on the first session. 

Transferring the designs onto foam board and self adhesive foam. 


Once the design is transferred onto the self adhesive foam, it is cut out with a scalpel, carefully!
From one design you will get two printing blocks, one positive, one negative.

Starting to cut the block.

Then the fun begins with the printing. . . .


I can't wait to see what they do for homework.
Next session will be looking at colour theory and the group will be painting a colour wheel.

***

I am currently in Llanidloes, Wales teaching a 3 day workshop - Layered, Jewelled Surfaces at the Quilt Association, Minerva Arts Centre. What an a amazing place. Wonderful exhibitions and a very spacious workshop with plenty of power sockets. And the food . . . .  my goodness!!!

When I leave Llanidloes I will drive to Art Van Go for a 2 day workshop - Sticky and Shiny!! I wonder what I will be teaching on that????

***

I am working through all my existing teaching and bookings. I have 2 more workshops this year and Experimental Textiles continues monthly until March - then that is it for a while. In fact until June 2017. I am going to concentrate on my own work for a couple of years, with the odd bit of teaching thrown in.

***

Have a great weekend.

x

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016